Questions about roadmaps and next Gen Jira

Stu October 24, 2018

I have a significantly customised install of Jira in the cloud.  with many custom fields etc. and several Kanbans.

I really like some of the new features in next Gen Jira.  Is it possible to recreate what I have in Next Gen?  It looks like everything is very basic, and not a lot of ability to customize?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Hello,

You can not use custom field, workflows, field configurations, permissions schemes and so on, which you created for classic projects. Next-gen projects do not have the same features as classic project. 

Stu October 24, 2018

Thanks @Alexey Matveev can you suggest how I could get the Roadmap feature for my classic project in Jira Cloud.  I'm keen to be able to convert my Epics into a Roadmap view that displays a schedule etc.  Thanks

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

It is not possible right now. Maybe it will be available in one of the future releases.

0 votes
Carlos Guardado November 7, 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to re-create a roadmap in the new gen jira but can't go back for a previous date. I believe it's the same issue expressed by Stu. There is only a "Today" option and no drop-down, do you know if this feature will be available soon ? or if only new projects can be done ? 

Thank You 

Suggest an answer