Questions JIRA Service Desk

Céline Lietaer February 11, 2016

Hi Mike, 

I have some questions concerning JIRA Service Desk: 

• If you move an issue in your kanban board, for example from "in progress" to "test test", you get a different description in your mail. Is it possible to let this appear in your mail correctly? 
  • Is it possible to have a link between an issue that has been added through the general service desk and an existing kanban board? (cf. a link between our Firmware Service Desk and my personal kanban board per customer)

Thank you in advance. 

Kind regards, 
Céline Lietaer

Firmware BVBA
www.firmware.be 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2016

When you move an issue on a board, it's just transitioning the issue as though you were in plain JIRA and moving it through the workflow.  If that transition triggers an email, that's what you get.  Same if it happens to be a Service Desk project and your board move triggers a customer email.

I think you need to explain this one a bit more, as JIRA is probably behaving correctly.

For the linking, yes, maybe.  You can link issues together so you could have one in a Service Desk project and another that is included in your board.  But you could simply include the SD project in the board filter, then it would draw the issues in there.

Suggest an answer