Question to file:/// and smb

Mirko Wendel August 22, 2011

Hello dear jira community,

i have two questions according to the jira mercurial plugin 4.3-SNAPSHOT.

First of all:

The only way for me to add repos is to create a local clone of the whole repository-server and then add the two paths for the root and the local clone like this:

Full path to the Mercurial root.... = file:///opt/repo/"specificRepoName"/.hg/

Full path to the local directory where a clone ... = /opt/repo/"sameNameLikeAbove"/

If I try to use the default path or any other path outside the repo for the clone i get the error message: can't clone the repository...

Questions:

1.) Why can't i choose a path for the local clone which is different from the mercurial root ? (e.g. the default path)

2.)Is there a possibility to create a smb mount of the repositories on the server where JIRA is running to make the repo available for "local" access using the file:/// protocoll ?

Best regards and thanks in anticipation

Mirko

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2013

Hi,

1 - Because if you have 2 different paths, you must have 2 different Hg repositories. Once it's a clone, the Hg itself is pointing to the first path, not to both.

2- It's better to use remote access via SSH for example. Once the SMB mount points will not be the same as the export point, you'll fall on the same error as question 1.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer