Question related to migrating Marvelution to OnDemand

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 16, 2012

For Marvelution I currently have several Atlassian products. These products are hosted at private hosting servers and include Confluence, Bamboo, JIRA, Fishey/Crucible and Crowd

Maintenance is taking up more and more time and this is taking away for the development on the open source projects. And because of this I would like to migrate to Atalassian OnDemand if possible.

In scope are JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo.

Fisheye and Crucible are not in scope since I moved all the sources to BitBucket Git repositories. And Crowd is only used for centralized user management and sso.

I have looked at the documentation of OnDemand but wanted to make sure I have details before requesting OnDemand.

Can you provide me with the specifics that I need to take into account?

I suspect that JIRA and Confluence can be migrated without much work but that Bamboo, Crowd and BitBucket integration requires more.

Please also include details on the costs and requirements outside Atlassian and possible process details.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Mark,

You're correct - we have built-in importers for Confluence and JIRA data - it should be no hassle to use those.

There isn't an importer for Bamboo though, you'll have to set up the Bamboo configuration manually. This is because Bamboo OnDemand can only use elastic agents running on Amazon's EC2 cloud.

You don't have to worry about Crowd. When you import your JIRA data, all user data comes with it. As long as all of your users are stored in JIRA (even using crowd), they will be imported as part of the JIRA import process.

Be sure to read this to be aware of all of the differences between OnDemand and the Download versions of our products:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

OnDemand is available in monthly and annual subscriptions, priced dynamically here:

https://my.atlassian.com/ondemand/signup

Monthly subscriptions are only available through credit card. Annual subscriptions can be paid via check or bank transfer as well. There aren't any additional requirements.

-Simon

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2012

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the information. And for clearing up the Bamboo agent requirement. This was the biggest unclear point.

I also thought that the Zen Foundation plugin was available for Confluence, but must have mis read that page since I cannot find it any more.

I don't think I'll migrate Marvelution to OnDemand at this time because of the Zen plugin and the Bamboo Agent requirement.

And will evaluate it again in the future as OnDemand evolves.

Cheers,

Mark

Suggest an answer