Question on search in comments

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2013

Hi,

I have some comments added by subversion commits.

Here is an example of such a commit :

Committed in DEMO 2.50.01-120255 by gelu

I want to retrieve all issues that contains "Committed in DEMO 2.5".

If I run this query :

comment ~ "Committed in DEMO 2.5*"

I get some issues that doesn't contain the string I'm searching on (such as Committed in PRJ 2.5.01-123456"

I tried with exact search : comment ~ "\"Committed in DEMO 2.5\"" but no issues are retrieved.

I tried to set the indexing language to Other instead of english, but "Committed in DEMO 2.5*" returns no issues.

Is there a way to run such queries?

Thanks for your help

Stéphane

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

I found this solution :

comment ~ "\"Committed in GST\" 2.5*"

In my situation, it's ok.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2014

a bit dirty syntax! ;-)

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2013

Subversion ALM supports searching on Subversion commit messages directly, you might try it and see whether it returns the expected issues...

issue in svnComment("Committed in DEMO 2.5")

It should work if the commit message on Subversion is "Commited in DEMO 2.5". Otherwise Subversion ALM provides enough built-in JQL functions to find any issue by using any Subversion attribute (everything is indexed: commit numbers, files and directories, comments, dates, etc)

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2013

Hi Genin,

In search comment it will find issues contains the exact phrase. So give exact word to find. Find more details on search comment https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-Comments

Thanks,

Patina

Suggest an answer