Question on Issue Move event

Srinivas Patruni September 16, 2014

I have implemented a listener on move event. I need to do some settings on the new issue based on the source issue details. How can i get the source issue details like issue type, project id, fix versions etc when issue is moved?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2014

The "issue moved" event contains a full set of issue data, as do all issue based events.

I've not written vast numbers of listeners, but the simple and few ones I have written all start with

public void onIssueEvent(IssueEvent issueEvent) {
   Long eventTypeId = issueEvent.getEventTypeId();
   Issue issue = issueEvent.getIssue();
Once you have the issue, you can use the full set of issue.getSomething calls from the API to fetch the data.
Srinivas Patruni September 16, 2014

Issue issue = issueEvent.getIssue(); issue object would be modified version but not the source issue. Am i wrong?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2014

Again - give us a chance, we do have other things in life, like family, work, food, cats and sleep.

Like Teja likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2014

Sorry, for the source, no, you'll need to read the history. Events are thrown at the end of the process, so only really have access to the current data.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2014

Give us a chance! It's only been 2 hours. We're scattered around the planet!

Suggest an answer