Question in "issue in haslinks" query

Sun Ray July 31, 2017

I have 2 projects "project1" and "project2"

A bug in project1 is marked with "is blocked by" bug in project2. I want to write a query that captures this. 

When I run this query 

project = project1 AND issue in hasLinks("is blocked by", "project = project2") 

I dont get any results but i am expecting this 1 bug to show up. Why is this query not able to find the linked bug in the other project. What query can I run to accomplish what i am looking for ?

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

When you run

issue in hasLinks("is blocked by", "project = project2") 

it retrieves issues in project 2 that has "is blocked by" links. It looks like you are searching for the other scenario. Can you try the following?

project = project2 AND issue in hasLinks("is blocked by", "project = project1") 

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

You still need to have both projects selected - by using "project = project1 and...", you specifically exclude anything that does not meet that condition.

project in (project1, project2) AND issue in hasLinks("is blocked by", "project = project2") 

Sun Ray July 31, 2017

Hi, When I run your query, my result set contains all bugs from Project2. this is good but some of those bugs have "is blocked by" pointing to project1 and some have "is blocked by" pointing to project2. So how do I show up only bugs that has links pointing to project2 ?

Suggest an answer