Question about reporting requirements

Darren Lowe August 15, 2018

Our business is asking for the following two reporting requirements. After I list each requirement, I have a few questions under it. The requirement are:

Requirement #1
Produce an easy to understand graph or chart that shows the dependencies of all linked tickets (e.g., one ticket “is blocked by” another) of a predefined set of projects. By “predefined set of projects” I mean the tickets span multiple projects but we would still like to see them all in one graph/chart.

Questions about requirement number 1:
A. Is a Gantt chart the best way to accomplish this? If not, what other options are there?
B. I determined (and Atlassian support confirmed) that I need a 3rd party app to accomplish this. Does anyone have recommendations that they’ve used and liked?

Requirement #2
Report on certain Service Desk technicians assigned tickets and display five date fields for each ticket in an easy to read and understand chart or graph. Three of the five date fields I added using a 3rd party plugin called “Jira Misc Custom Fields”. The other two date fields were added using Jira’s built-in custom fields.

Questions about requirement number 2:
A. What is the best graph / chart to represent this?
B. I determined (and Atlassian support confirmed) that I need a 3rd party app to accomplish this. Does anyone have recommendations that they’ve used and liked?
C. The five date fields are only present on the screen for the main issue type to be tracked. But what if there are other issues types that the technician has assigned to them? Could those use the standard “Created” field for a start date and just show blank on the other five date fields? I realize the main issue type with the five date fields would also show results for the standard “Created” field, and that would be fine.
D. I’m assuming the best (maybe only) way to report on this is to have individual charts / graphs for each Service Desk technician?
E. Has anyone used the 3rd party app called Workflow and did/do you like it?

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer