• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Question about migrating from local Jira Instance to Jira Cloud and local users

Hello everyone!
I need a little help to determine a correct approach for migrating the old Jira Server instance to Jira Cloud.

My current setup is a little complicated - we use our own project (website) that provides an interface for the customers and all new tickets, replies, attachments, etc are then stored in Jira with help of REST API.

The current setup creates a local user in Jira for every new user on the website. Those users have no access to the Jira instances and are only used to identify the creator of an issue or comment. On the other hand, Support Team members use Jira to handle issues.

Is this setup possible to migrate to Jira Cloud? From what I was able to see, there is no such thing as a "local user" in Jira Cloud - every single user I have created received a notification email with an invitation to the project.

So what I need:
- to be able to create local users for our clients, using their e-mails, but without the possibility for them to access Jira Cloud instance with these accounts.
- to be able to create and post comments via REST API on behalf of those users.

Is this setup possible on Jira Cloud? If not, what are the alternatives to keep our website as a gateway to the Jira Cloud?

Thank you in advance for any answers, tips, or suggestions.

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua Community Leader Dec 25, 2020

@Mateusz Bieniek 

Are you using a project so users create issues through it? It is the only one step I am trying to understand all the other ones are clear enough.

If you really don't want to grant access to anyone to your Jira instance for specific reasons may be adding an issue collector to your website may help.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you