Question about linking issues between jira instances.

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi,

I have 2 jira instances -- one for internal users, and one for external customers. I've got both instances (version 5.24) running, and I can link issues between the two instances.

Internal users can access either jira instance -- external users can only access the external jira instance.

What happens with a 2-way link (if you are an external user), is that you see a link (the issue key), but not a summary of the ticket. If they click on the link, they can't get into the other jira obviously.

What I'd like to know is that if there is a way to provide summary information for links between jira instances, but still prevent access between the 2 instances?

We want external customers to know that there are linked issues for their tickets, but not grant access into the other system.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

I guss you will have to implement a new remote link in a plugin. The rendering will have to get the summary and show it even if the user doesn't have access to the ticket.

Suggest an answer