Question about linking issues between jira instances.

Hi,

I have 2 jira instances -- one for internal users, and one for external customers. I've got both instances (version 5.24) running, and I can link issues between the two instances.

Internal users can access either jira instance -- external users can only access the external jira instance.

What happens with a 2-way link (if you are an external user), is that you see a link (the issue key), but not a summary of the ticket. If they click on the link, they can't get into the other jira obviously.

What I'd like to know is that if there is a way to provide summary information for links between jira instances, but still prevent access between the 2 instances?

We want external customers to know that there are linked issues for their tickets, but not grant access into the other system.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

I guss you will have to implement a new remote link in a plugin. The rendering will have to get the summary and show it even if the user doesn't have access to the ticket.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

467 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you