Question about license and maintenance

Marcin Pelzner September 21, 2015

Hi,

I am about to buy JIRA license with 24 months of maintenance. I have question, when the the timer of maintenance will start? If I buy it now will it start from now, or when I accept the license key. Same question with supported maintenance for plugins.

Thanks for answer!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2015

Starts on the date you buy, not when you use the key.

Marcin Pelzner September 22, 2015

Ok. I have further questions. Becuse we want to 1'st upgrade JIRA, and setup everything and see if it's correct. Can we upgrade our JIRA 4.3 (without maintenance expired) to 6.4.8 with trial license (and trial plugins), and then, when we are sure that everything is ok, and we are satisfy, we would buy license and maintenance? Or maybe there is other option to buy license without maintenance?”

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2015

You know, I'm not actually sure. You cannot upgrade to a JIRA that was released after the end of a licence, so on the surface, no, because you don't have a valid licence. But, if you create a 6.4 on a trial licence and use your real data on it, it might work. Of course, it will stop working completely when the trial expires, but the upgrade should be provable.

Suggest an answer