Question about Validators - Require a Linked Issue

perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com July 10, 2017

Hello All - 

I have a question regarding Validators in my workflow. I want to create a Validator that does not allow me to transition an Issue in its workflow unless it is linked with another Issue. 

I have the script runner plugin, however, I lack coding experience. Does anyone know if this kind of configuration is possible? Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

This could be accomplished by using the validator: "Field has been modified Validator." It would require the field (Linked Issues) to be modified during the transition. You would need to have the Linked Issues field added to the transition screen to meet the validator requirements.

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 4.21.13 PM.png

sanjay_sapra February 10, 2021

Hi Zack , i have same requirement need to add linked issue as validator before moving from one status to another . 

I have not found linked issue in available fields . Please suggest how that field come in available field  linked issue.JPG

0 votes
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Suggest an answer