Question about Post Functions for Multiple Linked Issues. Need Help!

perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com June 27, 2017

Hello Atlassian Community - 

First of all, I want to express my appreciation for how helpful this community has been in terms of answering questions/helping one another out. I have just run into a problem that I have no idea how to begin to solve.   

For context, I will begin with the scope of my JIRA project. I am attempting to make an HR project for employee on-boarding. I currently have two workflows, each with its own Issue Type. One workflow (detailed) represents Potential Candidate (issue type). The other workflow (simple) represents Open Position (issue type). There will be different companies that will be logged on (with limited permissions) in order to upload Potential Candidates. The admin (me) creates Open Positions and transitions the Potential Candidates that have been uploaded by the other JIRA accounts.   

Recently, I figured out how to automatically link two different issues (Custom Query Field add on) as well as create rules that cause automatic transitions (JIRA Automation add on). After I create multiple Open Positions (from the admin account) I have figured out how to create a Potential Candidate and have it automatically linked to whichever Open Positions I choose. I then can transition the Potential Candidate through the workflow; when the Potential Candidate reaches the end of its workflow, the Open Position (on its own workflow) automatically updates to Done. That works great.  

Here's where I have a question. I want to link multiple Potential Candidates to one Open Position – the idea is that when one Potential Candidate fills the Open Position, and the other Potential Candidates need to be assigned somewhere else.    

Let’s say that I five Potential Candidates linked to one Open Position. When one Potential Candidate reaches the end of the workflow, and when the Open Position is Done, I want to be able to reassign the other four Potential Candidates to other Open Positions that I have already created. Is there a way to make some kind of rule or some kind of post function in in the Open Position workflow to effect the other four Potiential Candidates in their workflow?  

I apologize if I am not being completely clear. Any advice/insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

Hey Perdue (?), have you already found a solution for your issue? Are you using JIRA Cloud or server? If you are using server, I would look into Power Scripts for JIRA - with the scripting capabilities of this addon you should be able to implement your idea and much more: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

Cheers,

Christoph

Suggest an answer