Question about Jira

Maciej Szpura August 9, 2012

Hi, I have a question.

If I buy a new version of JIRA on my server, will I be able to transfer data from a server that I am currently in JIRA? If so, how?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2012

The answer to your first question is a simple "yes".

With the caveat that your new Jira server must be the same version of Jira, or *higher* than your old server.

For "how", there's actually quite a number of ways to do this. The best one depends on exactly what your setup is. What is the old server basically? Yours, hosted, OnDemand, something else? Etc. A bit more detail on what the old server is running, and what you're going to, would get a better answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2012

Ah, ok.

You need to contact Atlassian support to get an export of your OnDemand data. Once you have that, you'll be able to import it into your new server (Assuming the version of Jira you've got is the same, or higher, than OnDemand), copy the attachments, and it should work fine.

Maciej Szpura August 9, 2012

I downloaded the latest JIRA and I have them now on the server. In you is OnDemand, and I want to move all of my server.

Suggest an answer