Question about Creating new email templates jira

W May 19, 2014

Just a quick overview of what i'm trying to do:

Basically we are splitting our IT service desk into a seperate notification scheme. They are wanting to customize emails specifically for this project. Just starting out i've tried to just create a new "issuecreated.vm" calling it "itissuecreated.vm" in the 3 directories (html, subject, text). Added it to the email-template-id-mappings.xml, restarted the instance.

When i went to notification schemes to add the specific notification, it doesn't exist in the drop down. Obviously i'm missing someting, can someone point me in the right direction. We'd like to customize multiple events for the IT Help Desk so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

3 answers

0 votes
JPB June 30, 2014

Hey guys, just a question about this, when I want to add my new template to the xml file, what id must I use?

I see that the values that are already in the file, start with id=1 to id=17, then, there is a comment saying this:

<!--
         This is not mapped to an event type, these are the templates that are used when generating
         the mails sent out for filter subscriptions. The id has changed from 14 to 10000 in JIRA 3.8.
    -->

and a las entry with id = 1000.

So, can I use whatever id here? (different from the ones in use of course)

Thank you.

0 votes
W May 19, 2014

The custom events were still needing to be created. I believe this got me on the right track though, thanks for the help.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Modify the atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/email-template-id-mappings.xml file to include your new template. You can then use it while creating a custom event. Use the custom event in the notifications.

Suggest an answer