Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Querying both product and component in eazy BI

Rudy S I'm New Here Jun 15, 2022

I have a project as ERU and have products underneath (custom fields)

Project ERU

• Product 1 (custom field)
  • Product 2 (Custom field)
    • Component 1 (custom field)

I have to display all the issues for project ERU and for product 1 & product 2 which has component associated. Below is my Jira query 

Query perfectly works on Jira side & need help doing on eazyBI. I have migrated all the data from Jira to easyBI. The output results will be total issues display by issue type 

project = ERU and (product = product 1 or product = product - product 2 and component = component 1) and type in (Stories, enhancements, defects, tasks, subtasks) 

1 answer

Hi @Rudy S,

If you want to establish filters by project, product, and component - you need them imported as dimensions.
The Product custom field might be readily available ​​in the data source custom fields section - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-custom-fields.

The Component field is usually imported as a level within the Project dimension, however, you might import it as a separate JavaScript calculated dimension - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields#JavaScriptcalculatedcustomfields-Component.

Once you have these dimensions available - you might put them into report Pages and perform filtering as desired.

​Regards,
​Oskars / support@eazyBI.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you