Query to sort the 91 Applications based on their respective total in ascending order

Aditi Jain October 6, 2019

Team,

For one Project dashboard, we have total 91 Applications, now when exporting this dashboard to PDF using 'Better PDF Exporter' plugin, only first 5 rows and then their total count is exporting to PDF. (this might be because as we are using free version)

Now, as per user requirement, if all the applications are not getting exported then they are expecting to see atleast the top 5 five applications with more no. of issues. Likewise, Application 'P' has 10 issues,  'Q' has '5', 'R' has '15' issues, 'S' has 16, 'T' has 12 issues, 'U' has 8, 'V' has 18 issues likethis...91 applications having 494 issues.

So now, user needs 5 applications (P,R,S,T,V) to appear in report having maximum no. of issues.

Can anyone help me with the query for the same please? I'm not a SQL expert. Thanks. Also, I need this query to be run on Application end-> Issues itself, not in DB as we need to have this saved as a dashboard filter

2 answers

0 votes
Aditi Jain October 7, 2019

Team,

Just to update here, my issue is resolved now. I got the complete report extracted. It's just that, I'd done one silly mistake my creating a dashboard only. I've selected the Number of Results to appear as '5'.

Anyways, found that one and its sorted now. Thanks.

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2019

What Gadget are you trying to export? Better PDF Exporter relies on the gadget to provide the data for output. Depending on the gadget, you can sort the data either by setting the sort in the filter or by setting the sort in the Gadget settings.

Aditi Jain October 6, 2019

Thanks Derek for your response.

I'm using Two Dimensional filter gadget. Actually, the problem is data is correctly appearing as per the filter criteria but on exporting the dashboard out of 91 applications, only top 5 applications are appearing with the total count, rest all are getting removed. Not sure, why it is happening. That's why was looking for the query.

Snapshort from PDF Extract:

PDF Extract.PNG

Suggest an answer