Query to get the historcal of status updated of my issues

denis sorn October 14, 2016

Hi,

Im new on  JIRA. I would like to extract from JIRA all issues from my project but i need to know the hiscrotal of status updated.

For example,  i do an extract  from JIRA of all my issues on 14/10/2016, I woulke like to have these informations :

• the status of the issue "N3" has been updated "in progress" 12/10/2016.
  • the status of the issue "N3" has been updated "done" 14/10/2016.

Is it possible??

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Denis 

2 answers

0 votes
denis sorn October 24, 2016

Hello Alex

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it and sorry to reply late..

yes your query works fine but this is not what i would like to have. 

I may missspoke, so let me explain to you smile :

1) today i did an extract of my product baclog in JIRA. All stories are done and the information in the last update field match with the date when i change the status of the story = "In progress" to "Done".

But This update field is no reliable because the value can change if you edit the title of the user story....

2)   i also would like to have the historical of the user story. For example, the date when i updated the process from "Open" to "In progress".

I hope you will understand.

Thanks for your help!

Regard, Denis

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

Hi, Denis - I believe you can do this by using JIRA's Advanced search and JQL. I think these might be the queries you're looking for:

status was "In Progress" BY denis ON 2016-10-12

status was "Done" BY denis ON 2016-10-14

"denis" should be replaced with your JIRA username. There's also more on JQL found here. Hope this helps!

denis sorn October 24, 2016

Hello Alex

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it and sorry to reply late..

yes your query works fine but this is not what i would like to have. 

I may missspoke, so let me explain to you smile :

1) today i did an extract of my product baclog in JIRA. All stories are done and the information in the last update field match with the date when i change the status of the story = "In progress" to "Done".

But This update field is no reliable because the value can change if you edit the title of the user story....

2)   i also would like to have the historical of the user story. For example, the date when i updated the process from "Open" to "In progress".

I hope you will understand.

Thanks for your help!

Regard, Denis

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2016

Hi, Denis - based on your explanation, I think there's a couple of ways you could complete this.

1. In our organization, we also needed to capture the date the last time an issue was transitioned into a certain status. Basically, we created a custom date field for these dates that we needed to capture, then we created a workflow post-function that would set the date value to the current date when going into the appropriate status. If you want to capture all dates for all transitions and you have only a few transitions or statuses in your workflow, this might be an option for you.
    1. Pros - this date can be exported to Excel easily since it's just another custom field
    2. Cons - possibly a lot of configuration if you have a lot of transitions in your workflow(s); this option is also not retroactive and you can't really apply it to the issues that are already transitioned or completed.
  2. Do you have ScriptRunner installed? If so, you might be able to create some custom scripted fields that will give you what you're looking for. I don't really have an example to provide, but you could create a script to go through the change history of the issue and see the date you last used the transition (or the first time the transition was used instead).
    1. Pros - more flexible; easily exportable to Excel since it's just another custom field
    2. Cons - requires groovy scripting knowledge, might take more time to configure

In short, it seems that you need to capture this information in a custom field somewhere so you can also export it to Excel. Instead of looking at the "Updated" date field, you would look for these custom fields in your export file instead.

Hope this points you in the right direction!

denis sorn October 26, 2016

Hello Alex!!

Thanks for your solutions! Indeed, this is what i would like to have smile

But what is ScriptRunner? I need to investigate on it.. Can you please, provide me a link that will give me more information about "how to install & use that tools?"?

I really appreciate your help!!

Regards,

Denis

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2016
denis sorn October 26, 2016

Thanks Alex !! I will take a look!

Denis

Suggest an answer