Query to find issues where parent is changed

Uday Pratap Singh August 10, 2017

Hi

In our project we sometimes move few bugs or tasks to next release story but for reporting and quality purpose we need to know how many bugs we defered from current release stories. Is there any way to find issues where the parent is changed, something like following

parent was in (JIRA_ID,JIRA_ID)

Currently we are labeling them, if we get some query then it will reduce our time add labels to such issues

1 answer

0 votes
Umer Saeed August 10, 2017

Are you all your bugs sub-tasks?

Not able to understand the question.

Why are you using 'parent'? You would use this if you use sub task tickets.

Let's take an example, My current release JIRA story is JIRA-111 which has sub task JIRA-112 which is deferred for next release.

In next release I created new Story for leftovers like JIRA-113 and moved JIRA-112 as sub task of JIRA-113. 

In my current release I know JIRA-111 is release but I want to know what all sub tasks are defered. For this I was thinking of query something like

parent was in (JIRA-111)

May be not a very correct way of defering tasks.

I think thats the completely wrong way of defering tasks. Have you thought about using versions in Jira instead? It would make things so much easier.

Can you elaborate on this, how version can help us. 

Just out of curiosity, if we can have was operator with status, assignee etc why can't we have it with parent. 

Suggest an answer