It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Query that excludes closed jiras after x # of days

I am trying to write a query that represents:

• Project
  • Team
  • excludes an issue type
  • includes all issues except for those closed outside of X days
  • My query is including all issues no matter what I do to it

project in (xx, xxx) AND "Dev Team" = yy AND Sprint in (#, ##, ###) AND issuetype not in subTaskIssueTypes() AND (resolutiondate >= -30d OR status != Done) 

I expected it to leave out of the query all issues closed over 30 days ago, but instead it includes all of them.

This posting did not provide the help I need https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Query-to-show-open-issues-and-issues-closed-in-last-x-days/qaq-p/755434

2 answers

Your query is including all items with "Status != Done", this is due to the brackets you have around the last section of the query... "AND (resolutiondate >= -30d OR status != Done) "

Try this:

project in (xx, xxx) AND "Dev Team" = yy AND Sprint in (#, ##, ###) AND issuetype not in subTaskIssueTypes() AND (resolutiondate >= -30d OR resolution = unresolved)
0 votes
Payne Community Leader Dec 11, 2019

Are you sure "Done" is the only status a resolved issue can be in? Perhaps you could instead try

... AND (resolutiondate >= -30d OR resolution is empty)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you