It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Query regarding of closing time

Hello,

how can I create a query when I wanna generally know how many tickets are closed within a certain time (e.g. 14 days)?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Dec 19, 2019

do you mean how many tickets closed between two dates...

• status changed to resolved after 2019-01-01 AND status changed to resolved before 2019-1-15

or how many tickets closed in the last 14d....

• status changed to resolved after startOfDay("-14d")

i wanna exactly know how many tickets in total has been closed within 14 days?

is there a filtering for this?

well either of the above will tell you that. If you want it to be displayed in a graph form such that you monitor the trend I would recommend you explore the use of a Dashboard. You can look at created vs. resolved or one of the bar graphs. you can set the intervals as well.

For example I have a certain number of tickets (e.g. 100) and now, I wanna know how many of them has been generally closed within 14 days? Closing time refers to time between created and updated! 

ok so you are asking - "how many tickets are closed w/in 14d of being created?"

So OOTB there is date compare capability. You could accomplish this with an addon like Scriptrunner which supports date compare...

issueFunction in dateCompare("", "resolutionDate < created+14d")

you could also use the same addon to set the due date of all issues based upon create date and they use filter subscriptions or automation to notify when overdue.

there are other addon solutions, e.g. Power Scripts and Automation for Jira as well and the best solution depends on your requirement details. If you have one of these addons you are good to go. If not it is worth noting that A4J has a free version that would be worth installing.

Sorry, but it doesn't work the script function dateCompare! It also shows results whose updatedDate > 14d! I only would like to see the results whose time difference between createdDate and updatedDate is <= 14d!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you