Query regarding New version of JIRA – On Demand

Sonu Gautam July 2, 2014

I have a query regarding New version of JIRA – On Demand, Please give me the answer of below point.

Point – Following are the below Steps that I have process

Step1: I have make some Users with their different Roles.

Step2: I create 2 different projects.

Step3: I create 2 Groups.

Step4: I added 2 projects in 2 different groups.

Step5: I Assign groups to different users as per their requirement in project.

Step6: I have made 2 different Schemes for these 2 projects and give them Project Permissions to each project as per the user roles.

Now I am Login as a user to see their project(Only 1 project assigned to user) under Project Dropdown link on Header it shows their project as well as click ‘View all projects’ then also it shows their 1 project.

But when I go for Creating an issue by using Create button then their it shows 2 Projects under project dropdown.

Please tell me from where that project comes and also tell me the solution from where I hide that other project.

I am waiting for your reply.

Note: The new version makes it very difficult. Is the previous way still available? If yes, please add how to get to it in the document.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

The usual problem here is that you have probably got another group called "Jira users", which is used in "globale permissions" to say "people in this group can log in".

If you have a look in your two projects, you will probably find that this group has also been automatically added to the role of "users". Which lets the group members into those projects.

Remove jira-users from all the projects, and I'd highly recommend going into admin -> roles and removing it from the defaults as well.

Sonu Gautam July 2, 2014

Now,what i did i removed "jira users"from it and within the jira users i added groups within the "jira users" so group user can logged in into it.Still the group member of project A is able to view the other group project.please provide me the solution which is fruitful in that scenario.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

All you've done is renamed the problem there really.

Step back from this and start from scratch. Look at the permission scheme for each project first. Concentrate on the two most important lines - "Create issue" and "browse project". What, exactly, do they say? (Yes, the other permissions matter, but let's get these two correct first). For each scheme, what are the rules for Create and Browse? Just "Role: X" or "Group: Y"?

Suggest an answer