Query on roadmap (JIRA)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Hi on the roadmap tab on the project, we observe that it populates all upcoming versions and in the right hand column it shows you how many issues that are assigned to this fix version have been resolved.

Now we have a version picker custom field - targeted fix version. My requirement is

e.g. if 10 issues are assigned to version 1.0 in fix version field and another 20 are assigned to version 1.0 in targeted fix version field, i want that on roadmap, for version 1.0, the total issues to show 30 issues and it should tell me how many of those 30 are resolved.

Basically, it should pull issues using logic issues in fix version OR issues in targeted fix version.

Is it possible.?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

No, the Roadmap is built with the assumption that you will be using fix version and nothing else.

You could grab the source (if you have a commercial licence) and modify the plugin that provides the roadmap function of course, but I don't know if it's using a simple query (if it is, then adding "or in custom field X" shouldn't be too painful, but if it's not, then you may have to worry about duplicates, and you really need to parameterise the choice of version field too, not hard code it)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Thanks Nic i had the similar feeling but wanted to confirm it.

Rahul

Suggest an answer