Query on Issue Collectors

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

We are planning to use Jira issue collector. I want to give the ability to end-users (who would be using issue collector to raise bugs) to nominate additional users and that these additional users would receive notifications during various stages of the issue life cycle.

I understand through the Jira front end it can be done through the watcher feature or by adding a user-picker custom field and adding that custom field to the notification scheme. I am not sure if a similar thing can be configured in custom issue collectors?

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

Rahul,

Did you try out this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Use+of+the+JIRA+Issue+Collector ?

It talks about setting custom field values from the collector. While you cannot achieve auto-completion of usernames, it may be possible to accept the values in an HTML text box and set this in the custom field, if the usernames are known. I have not tested it myself.

1 vote
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2012

Hi Chris,

I am not sure if a similar thing can be configured in custom issue collectors?

Currently, JIRA Issue Collector does not have the feature to configure notification in custom issue collectors. By default, JIRA Issue Collector will send notification to reporter user with Notify Me set in user preference. I believe for jira or non-jira user will not received any email when create a ticket in Issue Collector form. However, I hope the notifcation feature will be implement in future.

Regards,

John

Suggest an answer