Query: issues linked to my project

Matias Burni September 30, 2022

I have a project in which most the issues were transferred to other projects. I want to find all these issues. I see 2 options, but I don't find the query for Jira Cloud:

1. Search somehow in the history of the issue: "give me all the issues that were in the project ORIGINAL"
  2. All the issues have a link to ORIGINAL-XXX tickets: "give me all the issues that have a link with ORIGINAL-XXX"

Help. :)

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Matias Burni 

I'm not sure it's possible to track issues transferred between projects with JQL. But I know a solution that can help.

If you're ok with plugins, check out Issue History for Jira from my team. You can filter by the project in which you want to monitor changes. Also, add Project custom field to the grid's columns – and you will get all moves recorded.

Here is how it looks:

issue history report (2).png

Here is the tutorial:

How many tickets were moved from one Jira project to another? [Use case]

Check if it can help you.

1 vote
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Matias Burni 

As you're on Jira Cloud, the correct answer is to get an app that provides JQL extensions you're looking for.

With standard JQL, you can only get a list of issues and export them to Excel for further processing. This works if you want to do a one-off analysis. If your use case is more dynamic than that, look beyond standard Jira.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it, but you can quickly find the results using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions

1- You can use this query to find all the issues that were in the project ORIGINAL

movedProjects = ORIGINAL

2- You can use this query to find all the issues that have a link with ORIGINAL-XXX"

issue in linkedIssuesOfQuery("project = ORIGINAL")

To transform these queries into one query, please use this:

issue in linkedIssuesOfQuery("project = ORIGINAL") or movedProjects = ORIGINAL

Check out the documentation for more examples.

If you have any other questions, please contact our support. We’ll be happy to help you!
Best regards,
Maurício

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Matias Burni and welcome to the community,

what exactly do you mean by "transferred"? There is a "Move" action in jira that "physically" moves data of an issue from one project to another one. 

Have the issues you mentioned been moved?

Best
Stefan

Matias Burni September 30, 2022

Yes. transferred = Moved.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events