Query in Jira to show the stories, major bugs related to them and time spent on them

Dzi Rus May 15, 2013

Please advice what query shoulde be used in Advanced Search in Jira to get

- stories of one specific Scrum sprint

- major bugs (P3, P2, P1) related to every of these stories and time spent on every of these stories and bugs

What I need is to compare our initial estimate of sprint stories and real time amount spent on the implementation of theses stories and fixing of all the bugs related to every of these stories

Thank you a lot

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi Dzi,

1.) stories of one specific Scrum sprint

Issuetype = "User Story" and Sprint = [ID]

2.) major bugs (P3, P2, P1) related to every of these stories and time spent on every of these stories and bugs

Here I can recommend the script runner plugin from Jamie Echlin. Besides a huge number of other useful functionalities it brings scripted JQL funtions and I guess you can useone of the Issue Links functions, e.g.:

hasLinkType(link type name)

comment there:

Searches for issues that have the specified link type in either direction. You need to provide the link type name, for instance
Blockers, Duplicate, Clones, "Epic-Story Link" (for Greenhopper). If you misspell it the validation error will give you a list of suitable link names.

I guess, am almost sure that this will help you!

Cheers

Kai

Suggest an answer