Query for maintenance kanban

Deleted user May 28, 2014

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for your response, but unfortunately this did not work. Let me try to explain more fully what I'm trying to do, perhaps I'm going about it all the wrong way:

I'm trying to set up a kanban with the following swimlanes to aid in a maintenance queue for a large amount of websites. The plan is that there will be this board to allow developers to pull tickets whenever they have extra time, and to allow producers to gauge the level of the backlog to schedule maintenance sprints (planned on a separate scrum board) when the backlog becomes large enough.

Fast Track: This is for issues set with "High" priority, which are not labeled "backlog" or "hold." This is for issues that should be completed within the next couple of days.

Pull Next: This is for issues set with "Medium" or "Low" priority which are not labeled "backlog" or "hold." This is for issues which should be completed after everything in the Fast Track lane is completed.

Backlog: This is for ALL issues, regardless of priority, which are labeled "backlog." This is so that we can differentiate between what is "High" priority in the sense that it is an issue that does not need to be completed this week, but is highest in priority for the backlog.

Hold: This is for ALL issues, regardless of priority, which are labeled "hold." The label "hold" indicates that the issue is not yet ready for a developer to begin work, but I would still like to see the issue on the board to forecast what developer resources I'll need to allocate for in the near future.

The problem that I seem to be having is that my queries for issues based on priority are overriding the labels field.

Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

Adam,

You'll need to use the following queries:

Fast Track: priority = "High " and labels != backlog and labels!= hold ORDER BY createdDate

Pull Next: (priority = "Medium " OR priority = Low) and labels != backlog and labels!= hold ORDER BY createdDate

The other ones are ok.

Best regards,

Peter

Deleted user June 2, 2014

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response. The swimlanes labeled "backlog" and "hold" seem to work, but all other issues are now under the "Everything Else" swimlane.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

Hi Adam,

Try this :

Fast track: priority = High and labels not in ('backlog','hold')

Pull Next: (priority in ('Medium','Low') and labels not in ('backlog','hold')

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I think the problem was with an empty labels field. I was able to achieve the desired result with these queries:

Fast Track: priority = "High " AND labels not in (backlog, hold) OR labels is EMPTY

Pull Next: priority in ("Medium ", Low) AND labels not in ('backlog', 'hold') OR labels is EMPTY

Thanks for your help!

0 votes

Yes, I did mean to continue a prior conversation, but hit the wrong button.

Here are my queries:

Fast Track: priority = "High " ORDER BY createdDate

Pull Next: (priority = "Medium " OR priority = Low) ORDER BY createdDate

Backlog: (priority = "High " OR priority = "Medium " OR priority = Low) AND labels = backlog

HOLD: (priority = "High " OR priority = "Medium " OR priority = Low) AND labels = hold

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2014

Or if you want some help from us, post the queries you are using for your swimlanes because those are probably the cause of your problem.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Is this a new question or are you responding to someone else's answer on another question? You might want to continue on that one because people won't have a clue of what you are talking without the context associated with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events