It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Query for all bugs under all story in fixVersion release

beersonic I'm New Here Jan 13, 2020

I'm running a project using fixVersion release to control release version, e.g. fixVersion = 1.0.0

There are many bugs which are raised against stories

How can I query all bugs under all story which fixVersion = 1.0.0 ?

Thanks

3 answers

Hi beersonic and welcome,

Sadly you cannot achieve the desired search using standard features on Jira, you must go for a third-party app instead. Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack you can type the following:

Search all bugs under all story which fixVersion = 1.0.0

type = Bug AND issue IN linkedIssuesOf("type = Story AND fixVersion = 1.0.0")

Using this app you can also query other issues relations, check:

References:

Hope this helps you to create awesome queries <3

Kind regards

You can use the following query with the jira built in functions , but you can only get linked issues for a single issue id.

fixVersion = 1.0.0 and issuetype = story and issue in linkedIssues(storyid,linktyoye)

If you want to get for all bugs linked to stories inside a specific version, you need to use some plugins like  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports

Following query will get all linked bugs in all stories for fixVersion = 1.0.0

issue in linkedBy("type=Story") and type=bug and fixVersion =1.0.0

Reference:

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLReference(Server)-LinkType

0 votes

Hi @beersonic 

If the bug tickets are created with the correct issue type, then you can use 'type' and 'fixVersion' fields in the JQL search. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-fields-reference-764478339.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you