Query for Estimates & Logged Work on Issues by Version With Roll Up From All Sub-tasks Regardless of Whether the Sub-tasks belong to the Same Version

Anna L September 27, 2013

I am trying to run a query for all issues (standard issue types) by version and get the estimated time and logged work (time spent). We record our estimates & log work on sub-tasks, however the version is often blank on these subtasks.

When I view the issue level (not sub-task), I can see the estimates and logged work rolls up to the issue like we want to see it. But when I run a query for these issues with version as my parameter, it excludes any estimates and logged work on sub-tasks where the version is empty. This makes our estimates and actuals look completely off.

How can I run a query for at the issue level (standard issue types) for a specific version but include estimates and logged work from all sub-tasks even if the version is blank?

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2013

I am not sure about how JIRA is excluding the sub-tasks which are not having a version set when you query for specific versions.

But if you are seeing that behaviour and if you need a solution, I would go with scripted field. Add whatever logic what you would like to for the field and generate report based on that.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields

Suggest an answer