Query by "resolved >= 2016-11-14" does not give expected results

I'm using the query to check the team's week result, and JQL is pretty much 

project = XXX AND AND resolved >= 2016-11-14 AND assignee in (abc)

However, the query gives me some items that are in "Not started" status, and I have to make it to

project = XXX AND AND resolved >= 2016-11-14 AND assignee in (abc) AND status in (Resolved, Closed)

Is it supposed to be the right result?

1 answer

0 vote
Sam Hall Community Champion Nov 17, 2016

Hi Bomin Nie,

Do the issues from your first query where status is "Not started" have a resolution set? If they do, that's why they showed up.

Run the something like the following JQL and have a look at a couple of the issues to see what it says in the "Resolution" field:

project = XXX AND resolved >= 2016-11-14 AND assignee in (abc) AND status = "Not started"

You could also run:

project = XXX AND status = "Not started" AND resolution != "Unresolved"

If it returns something (which I guess it will), then it's not good. You don't really want issues in this state.

To prevent it in future, you should make sure your workflow clears the "Resolution" field when issues are re-opened from a closed status. This knowledge base article is helpful on how to do that: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-clear-the-resolution-field-when-the-issue-is-reopened-648381467.html

To clear on existing issues, you'll need to push them through a transition that clears "Resolution", or follow the steps here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/howto-bulk-clear-resolution-635896313.html

Sam

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you