Here's the scenario:
1. I've setup a "Linking issue" custom filed with "query issue come filed" and setup the JQL to fill in the issue in this field. this custom field is named "father_project"
2. I use scriptrunner to set value to this custom field to one issue like this
FatherProjectCustomField.updateValue(null, childTicketIssue, new ModifiedValue(childTicketIssue.getCustomFieldValue(FatherProjectCustomField),FatherProjectIssue.getKey() ), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder())
3. I search issue in JIRA with "father_project = xxx", it return null
4. I open child issue, and check the value in father_project filed, the issue key is correct
5. then I searched issue in JIRA again with "father_project = xxx", it return the child key
it seems that when the code write the value, but JIRA doesn't recognize it until the child issue is open in browser.
It look strange, and I want to find a way to write this custom field value correctly, so that I can get the query result directly in code without opening the child issue on browser UI.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event