QEHS Management with JIRA

Deleted user June 16, 2015

Hello,

We are considering developing a QEHS Management\ Incident management tool on the top of JIRA. Currently we are still in Proof of Concept phase.

I've just wondered if you have any success stories about JIRA for that purpose?

I greatly appreciate if you share your experience. Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2015

You might want to explain what you mean by QEHS - my memory drags up the Queen Elizabeth High School...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2015

Possibly, but google returns my acronym first. That's why they should always be explained.

Thanks @Norbert Janssens ! You are right. QEHS stays for Quality, Environment, Health and Safety.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2015

:-) Now that's established, the short answer is "yes". I've used JIRA to track H&S issues, quality and so-on. Although we see its use mostly in software, it does get adopted for all sorts of things because the core really is an "issue tracker" and it doesn't actually matter if your issues are around faulty software, faulty wiring, building spaceships etc. (I've also used it in schools, but not specifically one called QEHS) My success stories are pretty generalised - decent analysis of what you want to track (often starting by asking what the users want to *report* on, not what they guess they want to put in!), a bit of design on workflows that match the real-life process and then not letting it get too complex. Also, iterate (be Agile!) - get the basics in place and get people using it, then get them to tell you where things could be better.

0 votes

QEHS stays for Quality, Environment, Health and Safety. A tool for that, is for example http://enablon.com/solutions/ehs-management.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events