QA leads for components

Nick Kokologiannakis April 6, 2014

Hi, i believe i have seen a similar question on the forum, but is there any way to assign a QA lead for a component (in addition the the component lead). We would like to be able to have QA contacts (similar to bugzilla) so that once a bug is fixed, the QA contact will be responsible for verifying that bug. We can do this to some degree with a custom field, but there is no way to assign a QA contact to all bugs for a given component.

Are there any built-in tools or plugins that can help solve this?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2014

No. Components are a simple list, with component leads added. There's no other data stored with them.

I've seen a plugin that attempted to add some form of component based fields on top of the lead, but it was an old Jira, and I can't find it in the marketplace, so it may have stopped being supported/developed

Nick Kokologiannakis April 17, 2014

Thanks Nic. Are there any other suggestions of options that would fit this workflow?

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

Hi Srinivas,

You can try out the JIRA Component Watcher plugin. It let's you add additional users and/or groups to the components which then will be notified as any regular watcher.

It won't give you the opportunity to notifiy on a specific events though.

However, I know that the developer has been working on a new version including a field type in which the components watchers can be stored automatically for each individual issue and in this case also accesible to your notification schemes.

This should probably solve your issue. Contact the developer and check what the status is for this new feature.

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer