Putting more options like "Attach File" and "Create Subtask" on View Page rather than on "More Actions" drop down

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

I wanted to put more options which are frequently used on the screen rather than on dropdown. I could not find any appropriate document to do that. Any help will be appreciated.

Using Jira 5.1

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

You can't configure it. A workaround is to do what is suggested here.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

I knew it but that doesn't change the order, right? I am not a fan of putting everything on the top bar but great if it works for you ;)

1 vote
Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

Thanks Jobin for taking time to respond. I contacted Atlassian team, and they responded with an easy answer, and it worked well. We can configure how many buttons we want by following these steps -

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support. In order to set the number of buttons available before collapsing under 'More Actions', you simply need to configure the <tt>ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-operations</tt> property; and to do so, simply:

1. If you don't have yet, create the <tt>jira-config.properties</tt> file inside your JIRA Home folder.
  2. Open the file and add '<tt>ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-operations = 5</tt>' (you can change from 5 to the value you wish).
  3. Save the file and restart JIRA.

0 votes
Sarah Shepard January 27, 2017

Is this only for the server version or can cloud do it too?

0 votes
Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

Yeah, thats what we wanted to do. Because we have big 27 inch monitors and so lots of real estate on screen. I can follow your instructions to change the weight if we need. thank you again

Suggest an answer