Purchase a commercial license for old JIRA version

María Moreno March 24, 2015

Although it may seem strange...I need to buy a licence for JIRA 5.2...it is posible?. I have an instance of 5.2 with some webservices created and when we consider, we will upgrade our JIRA to the latests one.

My question is simple...is posible to get a comercial KEY for a JIRA in 5.2 version?...

Thanks in advanced for the answer!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2015

The licences don't care about your version of JIRA.  If you buy a licence for 6.4, it will work for all versions back to 4.0

(the licence file format changed in 4, so if you want to go back further you have to get an old-style licence)

Thanks Nic. If in this year I upgrade to 6 Do I have to pay for a renew?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2015

Nope. Sorry, our comment's timings crossed over. See the other thread ;-)

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Is your current license a trial license?  If not, you have a commercial license already.   You most likely will need to buy another full license though when you want to upgrade.   You cannot upgrade anything beyond your current license expiration date.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/223586

Really? If I buy in march a licence for 5.2 and on september of this year I upgrade to 6, I need to pay for a new one?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2015

No. As I said, the licence does NOT care about the version. If you have a licence, you can use ANY version of Jira from 4.0 to the last version released before the end of your licence. If you bought a licence today, you can use it with 4.0, 5.2, 6.4 and any later version released before March 24th 2016.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Since you were talking about Jira 5.2, I was assuming your license was bought over 1 year ago. If your license has not expired then you can upgrade like Nic said. If your license expired then there is a grace period after the license expired that Atlassian allows you to upgrade still. After that period of time, you might need to buy a new license instead of upgrading. It is up to sales as I understand it.

Suggest an answer