Pulling Reports by Story

Maria Bolognese September 27, 2012

Is it possible to pull reports based by Story (or another project type) rather than just by project?

I assign accounts to an individual Story and then create sub-tasks under each story. I want my reports to be pulled based on the Story/Account level and not the sub-task level - with the end goal being how many Accounts/Stories are resolved instead of sub-tasks.

Is this possible?

6 answers

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

If you want more control over your reports, you can take a look at the Intelligent Reports plugin. It lets you design a report template in Word, including charts, and fill in the data you want using simple point and click rules, no scripting or API to learn. You can easily restrict data to only certain issue types or many other criteria, even if they cannot be expressed in JQL.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2012

Instead of selecting a Project, select a Filter that contains your criteria (issueType = story)

0 votes
Maria Bolognese September 30, 2012

The reports in Jira. If I go to my project -->Reports --> Created versus Resolved (choosing this one as an example, my question applies to all reports) -->Select Filter or Project --> Choose Project --> Next. This results in a report of all the stories and subtasks open and resolved within a designated time period. I'd like this report to show only the stories open and resolved within the designated time period. Is this possible?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2012

Could you clarify what types of reports are looking at? Do u mean the reports that are available in the Rapidboard?

0 votes
BlueKai Support September 28, 2012

what do you need in the Sprint Report that you can't get in the Work mode?

In work mode, make you swimlanes by Story and you can see them move toward the Done/Resolved column.

Does that help?

0 votes
BlueKai Support September 28, 2012

what do you need in the Sprint Report that you can't get in the Work mode?

In work mode, make you swimlanes by Story and you can see them move toward the Done/Resolved column.

Does that help?

Maria Bolognese September 30, 2012

The reports in Jira. If I go to my project -->Reports --> Created versus Resolved (choosing this one as an example, my question applies to all reports) -->Select Filter or Project --> Choose Project --> Next. This results in a report of all the stories and subtasks open and resolved within a designated time period. I'd like this report to show only the stories open and resolved within the designated time period. Is this possible?

Suggest an answer