Pulling Bugs linked to Test Cases with a specific Label

Manish Gupta November 28, 2022

Hello All,

I am trying to generate a report in JIRA wherein I can pull all the BUGs under the test cases wherein in there is a unique label value on test cases.

I tried with below- but it threw no results - though the query is correct - 

type = Bug AND issue IN linkedIssuesOf("type = TEST AND labels =ANIMAL_FARM")

It throws no bugs... please advise...

Thanks,

Manish

1 answer

0 votes
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Manish Gupta 

As you're on Jira Cloud, the correct answer is to get an app that provides JQL extensions you're looking for.

With standard JQL, you can only get a list of issues and export them to Excel for further processing. This works if you want to do a one-off analysis. If your use case is more dynamic than that, look beyond standard Jira.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it, but you can quickly find the results using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions

You can use this query to find your bugs that are linked with Tests whose labels are ANIMAL_FARM

issue in linkedIssuesOfQuery("type = TEST AND labels = ANIMAL_FARM") and type = bug

Check out the documentation for more examples. 

If you have any other questions, please contact our support. We’ll be happy to help you!
Best regards,
Maurício

Manish Gupta November 28, 2022

Thanks a ton Mauricio for your response. 

I tried to run the same query and get the below error. So not sure if we are actually on cloud. 

Unable to find JQL function 'linkedIssuesOfQuery(type = TEST AND labels = ANIMAL_FARM"

can you please advise if anything else can be used to get this requirement to be fulfilled?

Thanks again for all your guidance and support.

Best regards,

Manish

mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Manish Gupta

Thank you for replying.

Would you download our app?

If yes, do you run the query inside our app, here?

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.21.01.png

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Maurício Groth

Suggest an answer