Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Pulling Bugs That have been blocked for more than 1 week

I am trying to pull bugs/tickets that have been blocked for more than 1 week. Im trying to pull these metrics using the Blocked For and Blocked Reason but I dont seem to be able to use a date constraint

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi, Ryan,

While there should be plugins out there to achieve it which others may come in and suggest such as https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/time-in-status?tab=overview&hosting=cloud, you could try using a JQL similar to this:

status changed TO Blocked before -7d and status = Blocked

I ran a couple quick tests and it delivered what I was expecting. Let me know if that works for you!

Blocked is not a status we are using in our process. Or workflow goes from Submitted->In Triage->Ready for Dev-> In Development->In Scrum Test->Done->Validation->Closed

Things can be blocked while in any status that I listed above so I was hoping that I could used "Blocked For" and/or "Blocked Reason"

Filipi Lima Atlassian Team Apr 27, 2022

Hi, Ryan,

Could you provide a screenshot of your setup in an issue view?

There are several ways to implement the "blocked" behavior and the way to filter it depends on how you're doing it.

Hi Filipi,

I actually continued with my research and ended up using the exact format you provided above. Thank you

Like Filipi Lima likes this
Filipi Lima Atlassian Team May 13, 2022

Awesome! You can mark my reply as a solution so we can wrap it up then!

Have a great day, Ryan!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you