Pull in tickets related to a release version

ferns January 22, 2021

Good Day,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the possibility of having all tickets linked to a specific release version pulled into a ticket when it is created? Would i need to somehow create a link to the release and import the tickets?

TIA

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

I don’t understand “pulled into a ticket”. I don’t understand your goal. What problem are you trying to solve?

ferns January 22, 2021

Hi Jack,

Currently we make use of the linked issue field in our change management create issue  screen and manually link related tickets by searching for them. I have a request from one of our developers to link all tickets that have have the same release version as the current issue being created. I am not sure if this is possible or not, I hope i am explaining the challenge correctly.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

one more question (?)...

does this person want every issue in a version to link to every other issue in the version, example....

Issues in version x.y: ABC-1, ABC-2, ABC-3

ABC-1 has links to: ABC-2, ABC-3

ABC-2 has links to: ABC-1, ABC-3

ABC-3 has links to: ABC-1, ABC-2

I'm unsure if this is doable but if it is I feel it is going to be messy. Consider that you may have multiple fix versions, how would you handle this? Consider if the fix version changes - you would need to remove links and add new ones. I find it very odd that you would be linking all issues to each other w/in a fix version. What requirement do you have that is driving this solution? Understanding that, might yield a more palatable, manageable, scalable solution.

ferns January 24, 2021

We are migrating our change management process from confluence to a jira project. Currently they developers manually link all related tickets and embed them into a change request. 

The requirement is that when creating a change log in Jira, the release manager would like a view of all tickets with the same fix version.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events