Pull data from Jira and temp in SQL

Arvind Kumar July 18, 2017

Hello Mate,

I am pretty much new in to jira customization or any kind of development . I have a requirement and looking for expert help here.

Basically I want to pull all if the data from JIRA and Tempo (JIRA plug-in) and stage it in SQL so I can run more sophisticated daily reports against it.

Is this possible ? if possible what's the easisest way to achieve it ?

-Arvind Kumar

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Hey Arvind, 

Before doing this please look at marketplace.atlassian.com for the JIRA addon EazyBI - it should do some great reporting for you without requiring you to know all the JIRA database scheme and implementation details... 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Arvind Kumar July 19, 2017

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your reply, but if we have to implement it , do you see any way ?

-Arvind

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Hey Arvind, 

Sure - just have fun with the hardly documented JIRA database scheme ;) or use the JIRA rest api and parse the data afterwards. Best is to look out for a developer with good JIRA knowledge. 

Good luck 

Christoph 

Arvind Kumar July 19, 2017

That's great thanks chris but still i am looking if someone has done it so i can get some guideline how to achieve it.

Suggest an answer