Pull Request Conflict

Mike July 27, 2017

I am pretty new at git and bitbucket so please forgive me if I use the worng terms or if this question is dumb but I had a ticket at work to fix something on our website. Everything went smoothly until I was faced with a new ticket. I fixed the bug and when I went to create new a pull request it was showing I have conflicts regarding 8 different files which I didn't make any change on those files. I only made a change on 1 file but yet it is showing conflicts. In this new project when I write the commit line explaining the changes made, when I got to bitbucket and pull up the jira ticket it displays the commit change that I made on the previous ticket so it looks like the 2 tickets have some how become merged together. I followed the instructions on how to resolve the conflict but I couldn't even get passed the 1st part telling me to make sure I am in the repo-directory. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2017

Hi Mike! Is there anyone else working on the same files as you? or do you have different work stations where you might have done any changes? Can you do a git-status and show us the output?

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer