Pulbic signup without a password

Wilvin Szeto April 13, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Enabling public signup and CAPTCHA

I am using Atlassian Cloud ServiceDesk. I want to enable public signup which allows anyone to submit a ticket or access to our knowledgebase. However, we don't want potential customers to have to set up an account/password in order to submit a request.

Is there a way to allow public access without creating an account? We want public to submit requests to us without the hassle of remembering login information. Makes sense?

2 answers

0 votes
Wilvin Szeto April 13, 2016

Thank you Nic. Makes sense.

My boss told me that Zendesk has a way to do that - but I think we are talking about a different use case. You can apparently setup a request form for public consumption without the need for set up an account. Again, different use case...I need to dig deeper.

Thanks again for the quick response..

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

JIRA Service Desk needs to know basic details about a user - there has to be a user "object" for it to work with.  So you have to have a sign-up of some sort.

If you were to allow anonymous access, then you'd still need some way to capture contact and response details.  So you might as well do it with an account.

Suggest an answer