¿Puedo de alguna forma recibir una alerta (ejemplo: pop-up) cuando para Jira no estoy trabajando?

Sergio Muñoz August 12, 2019

Considerando la importancia de medir el tiempo que dedico a una tarea previamente ingresada en Jira, ¿De que forma puedo configurar Jira para que me advierta o alerte (mediante Jira) que no estoy trabajando en nada?.

La pregunta nace a partir de que me ocurre que me pongo a trabajar en una tarea X, pero olvido registrar en Jira que ahorita mismo estoy trabajando en esa tarea X.

Gracias de antemano por su apoyo y cooperación. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2019

Hello Sergio,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, JIRA does not have an easy way to send notifications once you have not performed any updates in your JIRA issues, however, you can find some related workarounds using JIRA Subscription.

Supposing you are working in tasks only assigned to you, you can create a filter subscription to notify you with all the issues assigned that you have performed any status update a while ago, so you would be notified about that issue if no updates were performed in a specific range of time.

Let me give you some examples so you can better understand what I am talking about:

1 - Navigate to your issue navigator > Configure the following filter:

assignee = "user" and not status changed by "user" AFTER startOfDay()

The query above will return all the issues assigned to you that you have not transitioned today. You can change the range of time by adding any values in the startOfDay(), like startOfDay(1h), startOfDay(2h), etc.

- Clicking in details right in the side of the filter, you can configure your filter subscription to notify you in the frequency you want:

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 16.24.35.png

2 - As a second option, you can flag the option "Email this filter, even if there are no issues found" in your subscription and use the following filter:

assignee = admin and status changed by admin AFTER startOfDay()

Perform this second suggestion, you will receive an empty e0mail every time you have not updated the status of the issues you have worked.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Sergio Muñoz September 16, 2019

Hola Petter,

Gracias por darte el tiempo de entregarme una respuesta, lamento la demora de mi parte en entregar feedback.

Me parece que las alternativas que me indicas no son las mas adecuadas para mí.

Cabe destacar que estoy evaluando utilizar Jira, hasta ahora estoy muy satisfecho y por ello pago mi suscripción, pero la debilidad que veo en Jira, es de momento la ventaja que tengo en una herramienta creada a medida que utilizo hace años, me explico:

Lo que yo busco y en cierta forma ya logro hoy (con mi herramienta a medida), es saber el "tiempo real" que un colaborador dedica a cierta tarea. 

Cuando un colaborador inicia la actividad, registra tal acto en la aplicación y lo mismo al finalizar.

Durante ciertos horarios que son considerados laborales, hay una rutina en segundo plano que te recuerda que NO tienes una tarea "en ejecución".

La pregunta es ¿Puedo lograr resolver esas necesidades en Jira?.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

Hello Sergio,

Thank you for the provided details.

Indeed, JIRA does not have the functionality to warn you if no tasks are being worked on a daily basis.

The option provided above will send you a periodic e-mail with all the issues that you have/have not performed any changes/logged work during a specific time (During the last day, last hour or last 15 minutes). If you don't have any tasks in execution, you would receive an empty e-mail.

Another option you could try would be to use Automation Lite for JIRA. It's a free app that provides you some possible ways to filter and notify your users in JIRA.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer