Publishing release notes to Confluence - did something change?

tyler newman March 24, 2014

Very recently I started publishing release notes to Confluence using a very simple process:

Administration > Projects > (select project) > Versions > find the version I want to 'release' > click on the hidden 'gear' menu > 'release'

For a while, when I would do this, it would show me a small window that said "Publish to Confluence" and then it would make a very nice page of release notes in Confluence.

Suddenly, this feature no longer works, and I don't think anything changed on my end. We're using OnDemand, and I'm wondering if something changed in the background. Does anyone know what changed, or if I can change it back?

I realize there are other ways to do this, but those ways are a lot more complicated than what I was doing, which worked very well. Would love to know how to restore that feature. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2014

Hi Tyler,

Today the only way to create a release note on JIRA is using Road Map or Change Log. This feature you mentioned is not available anymore. Unfortunately there is no way to have it back.

Though, I've create a bug report asking the DEV team to bring it back.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39779

Please feel free to add your comments and vote for it to make it more noticeable to our developers. Also refer to Implementation of Bug Fixing Policy for more information on Atlassian's approach to the development of these bugs fixing.

Please let us know if we can assist you any further.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer