Publishing a workflow query

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

Hi

I am going to make some changes (deletion and addition of transitions etc) to a live workflow.

Is it advisable that i block access to jira from users before publishing the changes to the live workflow.

I know the system does not forbid you publish changes to a live workflow, but i wantto know from you all if there is a risk involved?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2014

Hi Rahul,

First off : you always work on a draft of an active workflow, and only when you push the publish this draft button the changes will actually be executed in the active workflow.

So if you simply do all of your changes in the draft of your workflow and then publish the draft it shouldn't give you any problems.

To make sure you can alway revert to the previous workflow you could make a copy of it before publishing the draft, ensuring that if there is a problem you can simply replace the corrupt workflow with the copy of the original.

Best regards,

Peter

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

thanks Peter, that helps...

rahul

Suggest an answer