Publish draft for workflows

Vicki Miller November 4, 2015

We've noticed that sometimes we have to publish draft on workflows more than once to get them to work.  Should we publish the draft after each change?  Is there a limit to how many changes you can publish at one time?

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

Draft workflows per se are NON-ACTIVE unless you publish them. So if  you want your changes to be ACTIVE (applied to the workflow), you should always publish them. There is no limit, you make as many changes as you want to a Draft workflow and all those changes will only be applied once published.

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

Hi Vicki, 

it may seem to be published later on. I experienced this as well.

Question to all: Could it be, that the published workflow in specific cases only affect new created issues - after published workflow?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

Can you give an example on what did you experience for this?

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

I experienced this behaviour when I modified some transition actions, for example post action. But I am very sorry, I can't remember exactly.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2015

An elusive bug, we'll catch that someday.

Vicki Miller November 6, 2015

Thanks for all your comments/answers. It is a sporadic thing, thank goodness. It happened to me yesterday. I added several post functions and conditions and a couple of them didn't publish making me redo them. I wasn't able to figure out why as I published each one as I create them.

Suggest an answer