Project within a project assigning to 1 person

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Hello,

In JIRA 6.2 we have a couple of Projects. When issue type project is created within one of the Projects, we want it to be assigned to 1 specific person. Doesn't matter which Project.

How and where do I do that?

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

Hello Vera,

In order to implement this feature you could :

1. Define a specific project lead

2. Go to Project Administration -> Roles and define the deafult assignee as Project Lead

Another possible solution is to update create transition inserting a post function that automatically assign issues that use workflow to a default assignee.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Thank you both, but that's not it. Because my project leads are somebody else and it's about a project within a project.

And Fabio, your second option needs some extra information, because I don't get the last part...

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2014

I do not understand what you mean with "Project within a project". In Jira one project is one project. You might have an issue type called Project, but that is just that - a type of issue.

If you want to look into what @Fabio's meant with his answer, you can read here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration

Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

Hello Vera,

you could update the related workflow adding a specific postfunction to create transition.

The postfunction that you should setup is "Update Issue Field" provided by JIRA Suite Utilities plugin.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

Indeed, as I said, it's an issue type. I will read the documentation and let you know.

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2014

You can try and specify this under Project > Administration > Components > Default Assignee.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2014

This sounds ok, but I don't get it what is meant by Components. Also, how do I specify that 1 person there?

Suggest an answer