Project within a project assigning to 1 person

Hello,

In JIRA 6.2 we have a couple of Projects. When issue type project is created within one of the Projects, we want it to be assigned to 1 specific person. Doesn't matter which Project.

How and where do I do that?

2 answers

You can try and specify this under Project > Administration > Components > Default Assignee.

This sounds ok, but I don't get it what is meant by Components. Also, how do I specify that 1 person there?

0 vote

Hello Vera,

In order to implement this feature you could :

1. Define a specific project lead

2. Go to Project Administration -> Roles and define the deafult assignee as Project Lead

Another possible solution is to update create transition inserting a post function that automatically assign issues that use workflow to a default assignee.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Thank you both, but that's not it. Because my project leads are somebody else and it's about a project within a project.

And Fabio, your second option needs some extra information, because I don't get the last part...

I do not understand what you mean with "Project within a project". In Jira one project is one project. You might have an issue type called Project, but that is just that - a type of issue.

If you want to look into what @Fabio's meant with his answer, you can read here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration

Hello Vera,

you could update the related workflow adding a specific postfunction to create transition.

The postfunction that you should setup is "Update Issue Field" provided by JIRA Suite Utilities plugin.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Indeed, as I said, it's an issue type. I will read the documentation and let you know.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

111 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you