Project wise Resolutions

Aamer Inam: M-3521 September 23, 2014

Hello ,

Can we restrict resolution project wise ? e.g If I want one project to see some specific resolutions and they should not be visible to the other projects ?

Secondly , is it possible that based upon a selection of certain resolution, we could change item status e.g. If resolution = QA fixed , item status changes to Done or if resolution != fixed , items resolution is changed to To DO? 

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

You can use workflow properties if you have in the project different workflow.

see here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

For the second part I'm not sure if you can do this under Ondemand. Of course you can use conditions on your transition and allow only issues with a certain resolution to pass that transition.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

See also https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821 for the request to do this properly

Aamer Inam: M-3521 September 26, 2014

Hello Nic, Thanks for the response, need your help if this is possible that if i set a particular resolution of an issue say "No Fixed" , System automatically performs the requires transition of the workflow set? e.g. this issue goes to To Do ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2014

No. You need to tell it to do the transition (and probably set the resolution as part of the transition)

Aamer Inam: M-3521 September 26, 2014

this means user will always have to manually perform the transition (clicking the transition button) and once button clicked, it can change the resolution, but in this case, we can have one transition "send back to TO do" and resolution = open is set in workflow as post function? in case resolution=fixed & verified, "Done" transition will be executed and status will be added as post function. pl correct me if i am wrong.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2014

Yes, you should have workflow transitions to do this, and it's your users who should use them. Do NOT have a resolution of "open". It will still mean "resolved". You need to use the post-function "update resolution to none".

Suggest an answer