Project versions must not be edited

Andreas Gauger April 19, 2017

I have the scriptlistner active that the changes to the project versions are distributed to the other projects. This also works. Now there are several project administators. I would like to forbid you to change the versions in your projects.

The idea is to write a scriptlistner, which causes an error on the interface when editing the version from the non-default project, and the action aborts.

How can I display an error in the scriptlistener on the interface?

Do you have other ideas?

Thanks for your help

2 answers

0 votes
Andreas Gauger April 20, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the hint. :-( I do not want to go to the core of Jira. When upgrading, this leads to problems again and again. Then we have to live with it and I will at least send an email.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

A listener is too late.  It's not quite this technically, but think of the process:

1. User clicks something to edit/add/remove a version
  2. User clicks commit to their change
  3. The version data is changed in the database
  4. A version updated event goes out
  5. Your listener would pick up the event, and, um, what?  It can't prevent a change, it's too late.  Plus, listeners don't have a front-end interface, there's nothing to display any errors on.

I'm afraid you're into hacking the core code in order to do this, a listener can't do it, the permissions allow users to change versions and that's all in the basics.

The closest I could get is a listener that spots changes and undoes them, but that's really going to annoy your users.

Suggest an answer