Project type: Is there a way to identify the 'Project Type' of an existing JIRA installation?

Cibi Cherian October 24, 2013

I am trying out an local installation in my windows PC to get familiarised with the JIRA administartion before actually laying my rookie hands into the official installation. i want to select the same project type as the official Installation type. Where can I find the project type in the already installed JIRA [Yes I have admin account]

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

do you mean Project Category?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Yes I got now

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013
reading the Udo Brand's answer and seeing the snapshot in Simple heading of http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/05/meet-new-jira-6/ my mind glown.

I think the project types have no full fledged implementation yet. Check Natalie's comment in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/188911/what-is-the-difference-between-project-types

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

yes, for practicing purpose select a Blank Project option. Once you get practised yourself come to know.

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

From what I saw in the documentation, the differences between the project types is the implemented workflow (and even that is not completly correct). So check which workflow is implemented. However this will not work if the workflow was replaced.

I guess the project type is not that important at all. Try to implement on your PC installation the same workflow -, issue type - , screen -, field configuration schemes in order to figure out how this works.

Good luck

0 votes

Ok learnt from @Bharadwaj's reply that the Project types doesnt have any functionality[ at least till September :)]

0 votes

JIRA is asking me to slect the project type when first time configuring ..

PFA screen shot.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

Hi Cibi

same project type as the official Installation type

Not exactly sure what you mean by project type and the above line. Are you looking for a demo project? What version of JIRA are you using?

Have you tried creating a demo project.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

What do you mean by project type?

Suggest an answer